- Happy with the shots so far, they are all stable enough and not to shake when they shouldn’t be.
- The story is told well enough and is easy to follow.
To do list:
- Film scenes with protagonist:
- texting the victim
- walking to the car
- driving off in the car
- leaving the car when he gets to the pool
- Take more close ups of that link to the shots that are already included.
- Shot of the antagonist arriving at the pool, as if taken from CCTV cameras.
- Need to shorten the first and second shots (done)
- Re-shoot the shot of the victim’s hands texting with better framing.
- Experiment with underwater shots of the victim.
- Shot of antagonist running towards a car away from the pool (POV?)
I think that this edit was a major improvement on the 1st edit, I think that the editing is a lot more smooth and most of the shots & cuts work very well together. One or two of the shots has poor framing but that should be solved by cropping and straightening them. Improved number of close ups. I need to change the filter on the two shots were the antagonist is walking into the building as none of the annotations change which doesn’t make sense.
To do list:
- Need to look at the shot at 0:04 – either shorten, stabilise or reshoot as it is a bit shaky at the beginning.
- Could shorten the 1st CCTV shot.
To do list:
- Cut the outside POV shot
- Cut the till shot
- Need to make the villain in the fire exit more clear
- Need to work out something else to add at the end
- Add the rest of the titles
- Add in the other sounds needed
- Need to add more music for a variation
I have cut out some of the shots that I didn’t think were quite necessary and I stabilised the shots that were shaky. I now think that the editing of my opening scene is far more slick and flows a lot better than it did in the previous edits. However, there is still one shot where the framing needs improving so I will either crop or re-film that shot. Some more sound effects need to be added and I that I need to add more music to help create the correct atmosphere.
I think that this was a successful final edit. However there are some things that I cold have done better, I think that some of the transitions between the music/sound effects could have been more smooth but in contrast, most of the transitions between the shots work very well. I also think that the music worked well in places and that I addressed the different sound perspectives of the different characters relatively well. In addition, I think that the shots underwater are very effective.