1st Poster Edit
I experimented with colour whilst editing as I wanted the picture to be quite dark. The mans trousers are a lot darker than the original picture. I decided on deep red for the colour of the font because it looks like the colour of blood and represents the girl getting killed at the end of the film. I blurred the background of the picture because it is irrelevant and there isn’t anything specifically related to the content of my film. It also focuses in on the two characters which shows whats important. In my next edit I want to experiment more with darkening the picture but keeping the characters lighter, also I need to cut more of the wall so it is thinner. I also want to experiment with the positioning of the different texts.
2nd Poster Edit.
For my second edit I decided to experiment with the colour. I think this was successful and in my opinion does look better than the previous edit as it makes the title stand out. It also emphasises the blurriness of the background of the picture. I am planning to take extra photographs as I have had a different idea of a picture which I prefer so that is what I am planning on doing for my next edit. However, if i don’t like those pictures I am planning on carrying on with this picture and adding more text. This would be adding the director, producer, what company the film was made by and who they were partnered with. I also think it would be effective to add a slogan to the picture to give a clue to the audience.
To do list:
- Change the font to something that suits the style of film and poster.
- add in a credit section.
3rd Poster edit.
For my third edit I acknowledged my audience feedback as they said that the font should be changed, so I chose a different font which in my opinion its better with my genre, however I kept the same colour because it symbolises blood. I have attempted to write the bit at the bottom of film posters which acknowledges the production team, directors and actors but it isn’t very good at the moment as I am only experimenting with fonts and sizing so that is what I will be focusing on for my next edit. This comment helped me to improve on my poster as I used the idea of putting spaces between the letters, i also experimented with other fonts and settled on this one because it is bolder and stands out more against the background.
To do list:
- change the text and the font in the credit section at the bottom of the page.
- add a release date.
Final Poster edit